Yesterday we went out to a house in Newark, DE to waterproof a basement. We got there at 7am and unloaded the truck and tools we needed to get the job done. After covering the floors leading down into the work area to protect them from any mess we might make, we went down and took a look at how we would work the job. First, we thoroughly cleaned the walls and floors. After the cleaning we found quite a few cracks in both the floors and the walls that we then patched to ensure no water could get through and leak into the basement. The basement already had good french drains and a sump pump, However; the sump pump was very old and worn out so we replaced it with a new Zoeller sump pump with battery backup.